ECHALK NOTIFY SIGNUP CONTEST
2018 OFFICIAL RULES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. DESCRIPTION: The eChalk Notify Signup Contest (the “Promotion”) is designed to give entrants the opportunity to win the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Promotion and winner eligibility. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an active eChalk customer in good standing in order to be awarded a prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to current eChalk customers in good standing or their authorized representatives. Limit one (1) entry per eChalk customer. Subsequent entries received will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, their participating advertising, promotions and public relations agencies as well as members of their families and/or those living in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law. You must also have access to the Internet and a valid email address in order to enter. By entering, you agree that you have read and consent to be bound by these Official Rules. Eligibility is conditioned on the acceptance of these Official Rules at time of entry.
3. HOW IT WORKS: Visit https://www.echalk.com/echalk-notify-activation-contest and fill in your information between September 19, 2018 and October 31, 2018 to enter the contest. All customers submitting their intent to enter and obtaining 100 or more devices subscribed to Notify (by using a join code or logging in with an active user account) by midnight Eastern Standard Time on October 31, 2018 will be entered into the contest. Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeper for the Promotion.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must also comply with the following:
Fill out the official entry form at https://www.echalk.com/echalk-notify-activation-contest.
Activate Notify for your school or district. If your school or district has not already activated Notify, you can do so by calling 1-800-499-2741, emailing email@example.com, or open a support ticket at http://help.echalk.com/eChalk_Support/Open_Support_Ticket to request activation.
Promote your school's or district's eChalk Notify use and get your community members to sign up either with a join code or by signing in with their active user account.
eChalk customers who have submitted their intent to enter and have at least 100 devices subscribed to Notify through their account by midnight October 31, 2018 will be automatically entered into the raffle.
Customers can track the number of devices subscribed by logging into eChalk and visiting the Settings tab for your school or district. Here you’ll see the Notify Join Code and how many devices have currently connected. Device statistics are updated every 24 hours.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entrant or Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or the Contest Webpage’s terms of service (as applicable). The decision of the Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
5. PRIZE: There will be up to one (1) Grand Prize consisting of one (1) Apple iPad to be awarded to the participating school or district. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $329.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. A participant may be prohibited from participating in this Promotion at any time if, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or by attempting to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participant, the Sponsor, or its associated agencies or service providers. A participant may also be prohibited from participating in this Promotion if, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the participant has behaved in any unprofessional or non-family friendly manner on social media or via any other channels.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Prize is not transferable. Taxes on Prizes are sole responsibility of winner. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant’s agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time after first attempted notification will forfeit his/her prize. Potential prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release within a reasonable period of time following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Each entrant represents and warrants that (a) his/her Submission complies fully with these Official Rules; (b) Sponsor and its representatives, successors and assigns will bear no legal liability in connection with the use of the Submission by Sponsor and its representatives, successors and assigns; and (c) Sponsor and its representatives, successors and assigns shall be held harmless by entrant in the event it is subsequently discovered that the entrant has not fully complied with these Official Rules.
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for, and winner’s consent to, Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, likeness and/or entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By participating in the Promotion, winner agrees to release Sponsor, your school or school district, and their respective parent companies/entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies/entities and advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Promotion or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Prize.
8. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Promotion are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of New York.
9. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof at any time, and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Message and data charges may apply for Submissions submitted via mobile devices. Contact your mobile carrier for more information.
CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
10.SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
11.WINNERS’ LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 31, 2018 to eChalk, 25 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004Attention: eChalk Notify Sign Up Contest Winner’s List.
12.SPONSOR: eChalk, 25 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004