eChalk 2017 Student Account Contest
Thank you for participating in eChalk's Student Account Contest for 2017! We look forward to hearing how you are using your student accounts.
To participate in Phase Two of the contest, you must be a notified finalist from Phase One and meet these criteria:
- Use eChalk with your students for at least two months (including Assignments, Assessments and/or Lessons)
- Tell us in a short video or essay how you are using eChalk with your students and how it has changed your teaching practice.
Submissions may be made by video or written essay by midnight E.S.T. on February 28, 2017.
- Essays must be between 400 and 800 words. Essays may be send as an MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Videos must be more than two (2) but less than five (5) minutes in length. Videos of less than 1GB may be submitted as an attachment to email@example.com in one of the following video formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, 3GP, and 3G2. Videos may also be submitted as a link to a YouTube or Vimeo video.
The Grand Prize consists of (a) round-trip airfare for the Grand Prize winner from a major metropolitan airport near the winner’s home to the San Antonio, Texas metropolitan area; (b) one (1) conference ticket to attend the ISTE 2017. (Lodging, meals and incidental expenses not included.)
Please read the complete contest rule below.
2016 Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID Where Prohibited.
1. DESCRIPTION: The eChalk Student Account Contest Phase Two (the “Promotion”) is designed to give entrants the opportunity to win the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Promotion and winner eligibility. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized individual account holder of the account associated with the winning entry in order to be awarded a prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who (a) are over the age of 18 at the time of entry, and (b) have been notified by Sponsor that they have been selected as finalists in Phase One of the eChalk Student Account Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person/email account. Subsequent entries received will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, their participating advertising, promotions and public relations agencies as well as members of their families and/or those living in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law. You must also have access to the Internet and a valid email address in order to enter. By entering, you agree that you have read and consent to be bound by these Official Rules. Eligibility is conditioned on the acceptance of these Official Rules at time of entry.
3. HOW IT WORKS: Visit the Contest Webpage between 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2017 and 11:59 PM ET on February 28, 2017 (“Entry Period”) and follow the onscreen instructions to submit to Sponsor all required information, including an online video or essay explaining how you are using your eChalk accounts and how the eChalk accounts have changed your classroom practice (“Submission”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeper for the Promotion.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must also comply with the following:
- Essays must be between 400 and 800 words. Essays may be send as an MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos must be more than two (2) but less than five (5) minutes in length. Videos of less than 1GB may be submitted as an attachment to email@example.com in one of the following video formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, 3GP, and 3G2. Videos may also be submitted as a link to a YouTube or Vimeo video.
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, any school or school district, or any school regulatory entity;
- Must not feature, mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Sponsor and its brands;
- Must not include sensitive personally identifiable information of any person;
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, non-family-friendly, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion);
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status or age (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion);
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where posted.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entrant or Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or the Contest Webpage’s terms of service (as applicable). The decision of the Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
5. PRIZE: There will be up to one (1) Grand Prize consisting of one (1) Trip Package. The Trip Package consists of (a) round-trip airfare for the Grand Prize winner from a major metropolitan airport near the winner’s home to the San Antonio, Texas metropolitan area; (b) one (1) conference ticket to attend the ISTE 2017. Conference currently scheduled to take place on June 25-28, 2017. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $500.
The Grand Prize does not include lodging, meals, or any incidental expenses. All travel expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to, lodging, alcoholic beverages, fax, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls and transfers from and to the airports.
Travel, lodging, and any events are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. The Grand Prize winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner’s residence is within 250 miles of San Antonio, Texas, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute ground transportation for round–trip airfare. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellation or postponement of any events and if such occurs, the Grand Prize will be awarded without that element, without further compensation or reimbursement. Sponsor is not responsible for airline cancellations and delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. ARV will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Prizes are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Each winner is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (e.g., valid photo I.D., passport, etc.) before departure. Potential winner will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. A participant may be prohibited from participating in this Promotion at any time if, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or by attempting to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participant, the Sponsor, or its associated agencies or service providers. A participant may also be prohibited from participating in this Promotion if, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the participant has behaved in any unprofessional or non-family friendly manner on social media or via any other channels.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Prize is not transferable. Taxes on Prizes are sole responsibility of winner. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant’s agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time after first attempted notification will forfeit his/her prize. Potential prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release within a reasonable period of time following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The intellectual rights to the Submission, if any, will remain with the entrant. As a condition of entry, entrants agree that the Sponsor and its licensees, successors and assigns will have the right to use, publish, modify, prepare derivative works of, license to third parties, edit, distribute and/or perform all or a part of the Submission anywhere in the world and in perpetuity, for future advertising, trade, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation and without additional notice to the entrant or any third parties, and without consideration, review or approval from entrant or such third parties.
Each entrant represents and warrants that (a) his/her Submission complies fully with these Official Rules; (b) Sponsor and its representatives, successors and assigns will bear no legal liability in connection with the use of the Submission by Sponsor and its representatives, successors and assigns; and (c) Sponsor and its representatives, successors and assigns shall be held harmless by entrant in the event it is subsequently discovered that the entrant has not fully complied with these Official Rules.
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for, and winner’s consent to, Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, likeness and/or entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By participating in the Promotion, winner agrees to release Sponsor, your school or school district, and their respective parent companies/entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies/entities and advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Promotion or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (e.g., valid photo I.D., passport, etc.).
8. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Promotion are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of New York.
9. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof at any time, and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Message and data charges may apply for Submissions submitted via mobile devices. Contact your mobile carrier for more information.
CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by May 1, 2017 to eChalk, 25 Broadway, 9th FloorNew York, NY 10004 Attention: eChalk Student Account Contest Phase Two Winner’s List.
12. SPONSOR: eChalk, 25 Broadway, 9th FloorNew York, NY 10004.